Saturday 17 April 2010

FLAME OFF 2010

I went to my 1st ever flame off yesterday with my friend kathy.
so many beads and glass rods with every colour you could imagine...(spent far too much on glass) but oh what joy :)
Im a glassaholic, should go to GAA (glass alcoholics anonymous) meetings!
Heres a pic of me using the mini cc torch at the show.



the flame looked very different than my one at home,
was a bit of a shocker when I melted clean through the mandrel
and watched as it plopped off onto the table with my perfectly round bead in toe! arrrgh :0/

its the same torch I have at home so I couldnt understand what happend
then one of the stewards said their torches used bottled oxygen
making them burn much hotter than mine at home on a Oxygen Concentrator unit.

All in all Kathy and I had a wonderful day there.
I learned so much watching the live demos and got to met some talented bead artists too.
 Im already looking forward to next years flame off.

No comments:

Post a Comment